Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Arts, Crafts and Food

                                     Do you cook? I do!

Besides from jewelry design, I like cooking. Food is not all about the taste for me. It is also about the look! My handmade patchwork apron is designed and made by my mom. It has a pocket that I find it very useful as well. I know there are some of you who patchwork so I thought I would share a picture of my beautiful apron with you!



I cooked a spinach cake wearing my beautiful apron today for my readers. Spinach sounds strange for a dessert but; the taste and look is great! It is also healthier than adding green food coloring. I used fresh spinach for my cake; but, you can also use frozen spinach.





3 eggs, beaten
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
1 cup of vegetable oil
3 cups of flower
1 teaspoon of baking powder






  
 Once you mix all the ingredients above, cook 1 cup of fresh spinach until it gets soft and blend it at a desired consistency. You can add more spinach if you would like your cake greener. Add the spinach into your mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Serve it cold or hot. If you don't tell people, nobody would now it is spinach. They will probably think is pistachios. Spinach only gives the beautiful color but, doesn't change the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...